Kids will find Rhodes fascinating, as there are many things to enjoy on the island. They’ll love the beach with all the activities that entertain adults and children alike: swimming, snorkelling, banana rides, and beach games, but they’ll also love exploring the countryside and the main tourist attractions. Consider also donkey rides among the favourite pastimes available when you visit Rhodes with kids.
The island has more to do with the little ones: there’s a toy museum, several water parks, an aquarium, and all kinds of playgrounds. Kids can also try to make their way out of an escape room, ride a go-kart, or learn about nature and wildlife in a museum.
For children who want to get close to animals, Farma of Rhodes Petting Zoo offers unique interactive experiences with sheep, lamas, ostriches, donkeys, and ponies. They also have camels, kangaroos, racoons, and porcupines – all in an area not far from the Valley of Butterflies, which is another attraction suitable to visit with kids.
Here are the main things to do we kids we like to recommend when you stay at Leonardo Kolymbia Resort:
- Rhodes Toy Museum – just outside Archipoli in a splendid natural setting, exhibits a collection of toys made in Greece from the 1930s until the 1990s.
- The Bee Museum of Rhodes – the only museum of its kind in Greece, celebrates the tradition and history of beekeeping in Rhodes.
- Faliraki WaterPark – with water slides, artificial waves, and pools with all kinds of games for all ages.
- Aquarium of Rhodes – in an Art-deco building designed in the 1930s by Armando Bernabiti, with an interior that resembles an underwater sea cave, showcases all kinds of fish, dolphins, seals, and sea turtles, as well as marine flora.
- Kids Escape Room – at Aggeli Park in Tsairi, just 30 minutes drive from Leonardo Kolymbia Resort.
- Go-karts – one track in Lartos and one in Faliraki.
- Fantasia Luna Park – in Faliraki, close to the WaterPark, has a Ferris Wheel, Montaigne Rousse, and all kinds of games and rides for children and adults too.
The Rhodes Toy Museum is one of the best attractions for children on the island. It is outside the village of Archipoli, in a splendid natural setting, surrounded by olive groves and pine forests. The permanent collection of the museum features toys and board games, all made in Greece, from the 1930s until the 1990s.Read More
A private initiative of the Melissokomiki Dodecanesou (Beekeeping Company of the Dodecanese), the Bee Museum celebrates the tradition and history of beekeeping in Rhodes. The permanent collection of the museum features beekeeping tools, honey extracting and storage devices, and material that illustrate the biology of bees, bee types, pollination, and more.Read More
The Water Park is one of the most exciting family-friendly attractions on the island of Rhodes. It is in Faliraki, about 25 minutes drive from Leonardo Kolymbia Resort. The Water Park has all kinds of slides, pools, water games, and artificial waves, some suitable for all ages, and others designed for the little ones.Read More